With regard to the personal data we collect, Uptown is the “data controller”, i.e. the entity that determines the purposes for which and the means by which personal data are processed.
How and when do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal information when it is relevant to your consumer needs or our business (e.g. when you contact us via the contact form).
We do not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless you tell us it is OK to do so.
All your personal information is treated confidentially and properly protected.
What information do we collect directly from you?
The common categories of data that we collect from Uptown customers are as follows: family name, given name, email, phone number.
What privacy rights do you have?
Please note that you have the right, at any time, to request from Uptown the following:
– to give you access to your personal information
– to provide you with a copy of our personal information
– to request the correction of the inaccurate data
– to request the deletion of personal information
– to restrict Uptown and/or third party access to data concerning specific processes or in full
– to object to the way we manage your data.
– to request the transfer of your data to another data controller (right to portability)
You can make all these requests on the Contact page.
If you are not satisfied with the way we collect or use your personal information, you are always entitled to lodge a formal complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data by going to the page http://www.dataprotection.ro/.
Where is your personal data stored?
We keep the personal data we collect about you in safe environments. Your personal information is protected from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organization or natural person.
Some data is still stored on paper, but we tend to digitalize all the personal data we process. The processed data is stored in Uptown’s premises and IT systems.
Is Uptown distributing my data to third parties?
The protection of your privacy is important to us, so we will never share your personal information with a third party.
How long does Uptown retain your personal data?
Uptown will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the specific purpose of use.
What are we using your personal data for?
We use your personal data in a number of different ways, primarily to fulfill the obligations Uptown has toward you, but sometimes also to improve your online experience and direct marketing.
To maintain our site and ensure its functionality properly, Uptown uses technology generally known as “cookies”. Cookies are small files that we send to your computer and can access them later. The cookies on the Uptown site show us what you and other visitors are interested in, which helps us improve its use for everyone.
The most common cookies are:
• Strictly necessary. They are necessary to ensure that the website functions effectively from a technical perspective.
• Functional cookies. They help improve the experience by memorizing your choices.
• Performance cookies. These cookies are used to measure how customers navigate our website and to find out what performance is.
• Redirecting cookies. These cookies are used to help Uptown to place advertisements on other web pages that the customer visits, or to avoid advertising to a customer who already knows Uptown.
• Social media plug-ins. These cookies are used to connect our customers to social media channels. Afterwards, the information provided by the cookie can be used in different ways.
Cookies stored on your computer may be accessed when you visit our website or open an email we send you. If you wish to delete cookies that are already in your computer, please refer to your browser’s instructions by clicking on “Help” in the same browser menu.
Uptown would like to send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you. However, we can only send such marketing materials if you choose to do so. Please note that regardless of whether you have consented to our marketing messages, you can easily opt out of receiving them at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click the unsubscribe button at the end of our marketing message (email/newsletter).